Friday, September 30, 2011

Back on the Wagon

Sorry. I have no excuse for not posting for soooo long. It's not that I haven't made any desserts, well, not only that, but life gets kinda crazy. So. I'm back on the wagon (for now) and will hopefully have a new dessert for each month.


This is my sister's favorite cake and it's ooohhh, so good! And easy, which is a must for me!




Andie's Mint Chocolate Cake






So, all you have to do is bake a chocolate cake in two rounds. I like to add Andie's mint chips into the batter for that extra chocolaty, minty kick.

Once the cake is cool, cut each round in two, making 4 rounds.

Make some whipped cream. Not the stuff from a can or from the freezer section of the grocery store. Real heavy whipping cream. Nothin else is as good...

Melt down about a package or so of Andie's mints. But be prepared to work fast once you do this so the mints don't harden up before you're done.

Layer the rounds like so: cake, whipping cream, cake, spoon on and spread around melted Andie's Mints, cake, whipping cream, cake, more melted Andie's mints. Place in the fridge so the mints can harden into their nice shell. (You'll want to put the extra whipping cream in the fridge as well.)

Once the Andie's mints have hardened, use the remaining whipping cream to "frost" the outside of the cake. (And, because it's me, I had to swirl white chocolate on top.) And viola! Yummiest chocolate mint cake ever.

**Tip for cutting through the mint shell: Use a hot knife - hold it under the piping hot faucet for a while, but be sure to dry it off before slicing.

1 comment:

  1. Uh, you better be bringing that cake to the park tomorrow. You can't post a picture with explicit directions and not bring me some. I am that sister who's favorite it is remember.

    ReplyDelete